Walgu Park, located on the corner of Sharpe Ave and Welcome Road, links the Red Earth Arts Precinct to the city centre and shopping precinct, offering a highly aesthetic shaded landscape for visitors.
The project included the following elements:
- Long-vehicle parking facility at the rear of the shopping centre
- A footbridge linking the long vehicle parking across the drainage swale to the park
- A continuation of the surface treatment from the Red Earth Arts Precinct car park area
- High quality landscape treatment with a focus on shade, green space and seating areas for quiet contemplation
- Retention (and shaping) of the existing vegetation where possible